compattelrunner.exe Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry

Discussion in 'Process Library' started by securityhope, Feb 27, 2017.

1. securityhope

securityhope Administrator Staff Member

The process known as Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry belongs to softwareMicrosoft Windows Operating System by Microsoft (www.microsoft.com). Description: CompatTelRunner.exe is an important part of Windows, but often causes problems. The file CompatTelRunner.exe is located in the C:\Windows\System32 folder.

Compattelrunner.exe from Microsoft is malware

This is thethird timemy computer has exhibited slow performance, and the third time I have found this malware (as defined by unauthorized installation and highly undesirable effects) on my computer. I deleted two previous Microsoft updates that caused this problem, but now it is back again. Microsoft Update, despite my settings, does not ask my permission to install this.
    I am accordingly taking the following actions.
    (1) I am posting the indicated screen shot, and accompanying story, on social networking sites to make sure as many people as possible know that Microsoft is distributing what is effectively malware to its customers, and reinstalling it after it is deleted. The screen shot is an excellent visual description of the effects of this unwanted software/
    (2) I will be writing Windows 7, 8, and 10 the worst possible recommendations onAmazon.comand elsewhere.
    (3) I filed
    be5dc8f3-20e7-43dd-9e47-9da3192b9a42.jpg
    Searches related to compattelrunner.exe microsoft compatibility telemetry

compattelrunner.exe windows 10
    microsoft compatibility telemetry disable windows 10
    microsoft compatibility appraiser
    compattelrunner.exe windows 10 disk usage
    compattelrunner.exe windows 10 disable

microsoft compatibility telemetry high disk usage windows 10
    compattelrunner disable windows 10
    microsoft customer experience improvement program