How To Fix Asus Touchpad Not Working Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows Know Base' started by securityhope, Aug 16, 2016.

1. securityhope

securityhope Administrator Staff Member

According to the announcement on Microsoft’s Build Developer Conference last March, the latest Windows 10 operating system has about 270 million users now. More and more users choose to upgrade to Windows 10. But you may encounter various issues, like no Wi-Fi available, no sound, black screen, high RAM or CPU memory usage andendless reboot loop. Recently, touchpad not working after Windows 10 upgrade has been a very common issue. Why does your touchpad stop working and how to fix it?

Three Methods to Fix Touchpad Not Working after Windows 10 Update

You could try below 3 troubleshooting methods to enable your Dell, Acer, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Samsung, Toshiba touchpad after Windows 10 update.

Method 1: Press the F# function button to enable your touchpad
    Touchpad sometimes may be disabled. You could press the function button to enable the Touchpad. Normally, the function button is one of the F# keys. Different computer brand, the function button may vary.

To those who does not have an ELAN device. If you look on your keyboard, it may be F6 or F7 there is a symbol that looks like a hand touching a touchpad with a cancel sign. I did FN key + F7 and my touchpad worked again.

If you look on your keyboard, it may be F6 or F7 there is a symbol that looks like a hand touching a touchpad with a cancel sign. I did FN key + F7 and my touchpad worked again.

Method 2: Modify the touchpad setting in Device Manager
    If Method 1 fails, you could open Setting Menus, select Devices > Mouse & touchpad > Additional mouse options. Then click Device Settings tab, and click Enable to enable your touchpad after the Mouse Properties window appears.

If you go into device manager and update the driver on the ELAN device, don't let it search automatically and just set it as a generic PS/2 mouse.. works perfect.. takes 5 seconds to do...

Plus in a USB mouse to do this if you didn't figure that out:)

Method 3: Download and update correct touchpad driver for Windows 10
    If both Method 1 and Method 2 can’t work, you need to update your current touchpad driver. You can head to your brand laptop manufacture’s website to find and manually download the correct touchpad driver for Windows 10.

How to fix TouchPad on windows 10