The Website Declined To Show This Webpage Http 403

Discussion in 'Windows Know Base' started by securityhope, Dec 23, 2016.

1. securityhope

securityhope Administrator Staff Member

For some reason, a few of the web sites I regularly visit have started giving me an error message, The Website Declined to Show This Webpage. The web address has /e107 at the end and can't be changed. The tab at the top says HTTP 403 Forbidden. When I click the More Information link, it tells me that Internet Explorer is able to connect to the website, but it does not have permission to view the webpage. There is a section that lists the most likely cause, which is "This website requires you to log in." I have an account and can log in from other locations, just not my home computer. I can't even go to the front page to log in.

As I said, the sites that do this are sites that I visit daily. One is my bank. How can I correct this problem?
    While trying to find the solution online, one forum recommended I clear the cache and delete the cookies. How do I do that with Windows 8?

Answer

For some reason, a few of the web sites I regularly visit have started giving me an error message, The Website Declined to Show This Webpage. The web address has /e107 at the end and can't be changed. The tab at the top says HTTP 403 Forbidden. When I click the More Information link, it tells me that Internet Explorer is able to connect to the website, but it does not have permission to view the webpage. There is a section that lists the most likely cause, which is "This website requires you to log in." I have an account and can log in from other locations, just not my home computer. I can't even go to the front page to log in.

As I said, the sites that do this are sites that I visit daily. One is my bank. How can I correct this problem?
    While trying to find the solution online, one forum recommended I clear the cache and delete the cookies. How do I do that with Windows 8?

possible workaround for ie is here
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...en-error/12adbd32-5b7a-40ee-8044-7146759dab1c

403 can be occurred due to one of the below reasons..

(1)Lack of file/resource permissions.

(2)IP restriction (country based or single IP restriction)

(3)Other server side misconfiguration issues.

When a website declines to show a webpage and you get an "HTTP 403 error", how do you solve it?

Answer

According to About.com, a 403 error is an error occurring within a browser when access to a specific page or resource is completely forbidden. Checking the URL entered, clearing the browser's cache and cookies or logging on to the site are some possible ways to fix the issue.

A 403 error can be fixed in a multitude of ways. Firstly, clearing your browser's cache and cookies through the settings can help this issue. However, it is common for users to type in a URL incorrectly, resulting in a 403 error. Ensure the URL is completely correct before attempting another solution.

If neither of these steps fixes the issue, it may be necessary to contact the website directly; contact information for some popular sites can be found through The Website Contact Information page on About.com. Using Twitter to contact a page's social media team often works as well.

If the 403 error persists, contact your ISP and verify your public IP address or ISP has not been blacklisted; blacklisting results in 403 errors across an entire website. If the website is working for other users, you may have been blacklisted.

If all else fails, try visiting the website at a later time. The website may be performing maintenance or may have a downed service; this is especially true if no one else seems able to access the site in question. Visit the page regularly until you can access it.