Where To Enter Mobile Verification Code In Uber

Discussion in 'Know Base' started by securityhope, Feb 9, 2017.

1. securityhope

securityhope Administrator Staff Member

Tap “Register” in the Uber app, then enter your personal information. In the provided blanks, type your name, mobile phone number, e-mail address and a new password. Tap “Next” when you’re ready to continue.
    • If you receive an error message that says “Mobile number is already in use,” it’s because the phone number you entered is already attached to another Uber account.[1]
    • If you have another account, try signing in with that instead. If you can’t sign in with your other account, tap “I can’t change my email or mobile number” and follow the prompts to recover the password.
    • If you don’t have another account, fill out the form at http://help.uber.com/locked-out to get help from Uber.

Check your SMS messages for a verification code. An automated text message containing a 4-digit verification code was sent to the mobile number you provided. This code will need to be entered into the Uber app to confirm your account.

upload_2017-2-10_1-4-43.png

Enter the 4-digit code when prompted.
    In most cases, the app will automatically prompt you to enter the verification code shortly after you receive it. If this is the case for you, type it into the field to verify your account.
    • If you do not have a text message from Uber, tap “Resend” to receive a new code.
    Enter the 4-digit code when you book your first ride. Some Uber users report not being asked to enter a confirmation code until they book their first ride.[2] Once you’ve set your pickup and destination locations, tap “Request Ride Now.” You will be prompted to enter the 4-digit code that was sent to you via text message.
    • If you do not have a text message from Uber, tap “Resend” to receive a new code. When you receive that code, enter it into the app. This will verify your account and have you ready to ride.
    • If you still have not received a code, you’ll need to report the issue to Uber using a form on their help site.
    Confirm my mobile number

If you’re not receiving verification messages and are unable to ride, it’s likely that your carrier is blocking short code SMS.

Give your provider a call to make sure that short code SMS is enabled for your mobile account.
    If you still can't confirm your mobile number, please submit the correct one here and we’ll be happy to take a look.

Searches related to where to enter mobile verification code in uber

uber verify mobile not working
    uber verification code incorrect
    uber confirmation email
    uber won t send verification text
    how
    to confirm uber pick up
    your
    mobile number is not supported uber
    what is my uber account number
    uber verification text