How To Fix Unmountable Boot Volume STOP: 0x000000ed ?

Discussion in 'Windows Know Base' started by securityhope, Apr 1, 2017.

1. securityhope

securityhope Administrator Staff Member

Fixing Unmountable Boot Volume – STOP: 0x000000ED

Unmountable_Boot_Volume or you can say STOP: 0x000000ED, both are the same BSOD (blue screen of death) error and as you can see, this error only comes on the blue colored background and the reason why this BSOD Error stuck on your computer or laptop is, because it’s possible that your Computer System’s Solid State Drive or Hard Disk Drive is in some kind of trouble.

[​IMG]

Actually, you can see this error on your computer in various different conditions like, it’s possible that this error can occur in the middle of your Windows Installation Setup, or maybe you’re seeing this error in the middle of you Windows startup, and not just that, sometimes this issue just happen in the middle of some important work, even when we doesn’t made any changes in our computer.

It’s also possible that your computer get too old to get this problem in it;

And I guess now you know a lot of information about this error and an important thing which I want you to make you clear about it is, now at this moment you really don’t have to worry about this error failure because with the help of this article you will definitely going to fix this BSOD Error problem, as soon you completely read and follow all the instructions given in this tutorial guide given below.

#Troubleshooting Guide

So, just like I said this problem mostly generates because of the bad SSD or HDD Storage Device of your computer, and mainly there are so many of different reasons for your storage device to get corrupted and most of are like, Junk Software’s Installation, Viruses, Overwritten Registry Database and etc.

And if you’re getting this problem while on your Windows startup then there is 70% of possibilities that your computer’s Storage Device Boot Volume got corrupted, and because of that, your system isn’t able to boot the installed Windows from the local drive location of your computer.

Now you can see there are so many different reasons for this Unmountable Boot Volume Error to shows up on your computer’s screen and actually, that’s the main reason why I wrote this tutorial ultimately, who having every possible solution to solve this BSOD problem, even whatever your situation is.

As Far As I Know, There Are Three Core Main Reasons Why You Are Getting This Problem In Any Condition And Those Reasons Are –
    1. Boot Volume Corrupted
    2. Corrupted Files Of Your Windows
    3. HDD Got Faulty
    So now, after some paragraphs you will see the whole Step By Step Troubleshooting Procedure what you’ll need to follow to get rid this Unmountable Boot Volume – 0x000000ED Error from your computer and the one main thing which I want to make you clear about before starting anything, that in between couple of some steps I mentioned some other articles link because I can’t write all those things in a single article and even if I did, you’ll get confused.

So, read every step carefully and open or follow every link what I’ve suggested to make thing back to normal and in case, the suggested link won’t help you either, then you’ll have to come back to this article and need to continue from where you are before.

And there is one more thing,
    after trying every single step you’ll need to restart your computer or laptop to test it and to see the problem is gone or not because sometimes it’s possible that you can fix your problem by just applying a single step.

Note: If you get this problem while installing the Windows Operating System, then you can directly move to the Step 3 where I talked about fixing this error by making some changes in Bios Setting.

Step 1 – Fixing Corrupted Boot Volume

First of all, this first step of this troubleshooting guide is for those who are getting this problem on their Windows Startup because if your Operating System’s Boot Volume got corrupted, then there is no way you can start your computer normally without fixing it.

Even after following both of these methods, sometimes it’s possible that this problem still stays. In that case, the only thing what you can do fix your PC is fixing it by reinstalling your Operating System.

Or otherwise, you can move to the next solution if you’re having this problem in the middle of your running Operating System.

[​IMG]

Step 2 – Fixing Corrupted Windows Files

90% this issue starts just because of some corrupted files of your Windows OS. Mainly when that file starts to get in the process, you got this error appears on your computer’s screen and yes I know, it happens a lot while doing some important work on our computer.

Mroe: http://www.deskdecode.com/how-to-fix-bsod-unmountable-boot-volume-stop-0x000000ed/

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017